- 1 ¼ cups small coconut flakes
- ¼ cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons solid coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons enjoy chocolate chips
*Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
*Add all ingredients except chocolate (coconut, almond flour, oil and maple syrup) to a mixer or food processor.
*Blend until you get a thick and sticky mixture that holds together to form balls.
*Using a scooper, scoop firmly packed balls of coconut mixture. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart.
*Bake for 12-16 mins, until golden around the edges and slightly golden on top. Place baking sheet onto a cool rack and let cool. Once totally cooled…
*Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.. Set aside for later.
Make the chocolate dip:
Cool macaroons completely before dipping. To melt the chocolate, use the double boiler method or do the following. Add ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons chocolate to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second increments until softened and melted. Stir in between heating increments, until smooth.
- Dip the bottom of one cookie into the melted chocolate, scraping off excess. Place cookie onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat for all cookies—there will be some leftover chocolate. For leftover chocolate, spoon chocolate in a zip-lock bag with a small corner trimmed off. Drizzle macaroons. Or just drizzle with spoon like I did! Chill in the refrigerator for 10-20 mins, until hardened. Enjoy!