- 1 cup almond butter, stirred well
- 1/4 cup blanched finely ground almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 6 Tbsp egg whites at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2/3 cup honey
Preheat oven to 350F and spray cookie sheet with avocado spray of other oil..
In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
The batter will be sticky! Use a tablespoon to drop batter 2 inches apart onto the lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies should be lightly puffed. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack or plate to finish cooling.
Honey Italian Meringue Filling
In the bowl of stand mixer beat the egg whites and lemon juice until soft peaks form.
In a small saucepan over medium heat cook honey until a candy honey becomes bubbly and frothy.
Reduce mixer speed to medium while slowly pouring the hot honey into the whipped eggs. Increase speed to high and beat for 10-20 minutes. Meringue should look thick and glossy once done.
- Makes sure cookies are cool before assembly.
- For sweeter cookie, add more honey