I am asked quite often what my go-to supplements and remedies are for cold and flu season. Luckily, I rarely get sick but when I do, I love these and many have seen that it actually works!!
You can find all these supplements here
Their secret is the patented, natural saline spray containing xylitol—an ingredient which cleanses and moisturizes.
Normal saline nasal sprays can dry out the nasal passage, actually leaving it more irritated and susceptible to external contaminants. But with the addition of xylitol, Xlear Saline Nasal Spray with xylitol will moisturize and soothe your sinus and nasal passages.
Xylitol also has cleansing benefits; it almost acts like soap for your nose. The industry-leading formula alleviates congestion and also prevents bacteria and other pollutants from sticking to nasal tissues.
Now you can naturally promote upper respiratory health while alleviating congestion with Xlear Saline Nasal Spray with xylitol!
- Patented solution with Xylitol reduces tissue inflammation and naturally opens airways.
- Easy-to-use 1.5oz bottle delivers approx. 240 fine-mist sprays.
- Hypertonic solution is more effective than saline alone at rinsing, cleansing, and moisturizing.
- Non-GMO Project ingredients guarantee the products you put in your body are natural.
- Drug-free formula can be used as often as needed without the risk of addiction or rebound.
INGREDIENTS– Purified Water, Xylitol, Saline, Grapefruit Seed Extract
Soothes • Moisturizes
Xylitol-sweetened, menthol-infused drops soothe your irritated throat while reducing coughs and providing fast relief to dry scratchy tissues. Xlear Cough Drops moisturize dry tissues and don’t’ feed bacteria the way sugar-sweetened drops do. Made with natural xylitol, a clinically proven natural sweetener that improves oral health.
LIPOSOMAL VITAMIN C
- DR. MERCOLA VITAMIN C DIETARY SUPPLEMENTS are engineered for quality and maximal health benefits for your whole body – produced by a worldwide leader with more than 100 years of industry experience.
- C VITAMINS are water-soluble antioxidants that target free radicals in your blood and the fluid inside your cells and work in conjunction with lipid-soluble antioxidants such as Vitamin E to protect cell membranes.
- VITAMINC has the potential to maintain cholesterol levels and blood pressure levels that are already in the normal range.*
- LIPOSOMAL ABSORPTION of Dr. Mercola’s Vitamin C supplement has the potential for bioavailability advantages vs. traditional Vitamin C supplements due to not being dependent on gastrointestinal (GI) functioning to be absorbed.*
- VITAMIN C BENEFITS THE ENTIRE BODY by being an “electron donor” in your body’s battle against oxidation, helping maintain optimal electron flow at the cellular level, and protecting vital molecular elements such as proteins and lipids.*
- 1 lemon
- ½ thumb ginger
- ½ thumb turmeric
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 1/4 apple (optional)
Juice ALL ingredients, add cayenne pepper and stir. Drink shot and repeat once a day till you feel better.
Organic Bone Broth- Love this remedy! Full of collagen and helps heal the gut and viruses.
- Protects Joints. …
- Good for the Gut. …
- Maintains Healthy Skin. …
- Supports Immune System Function. …
- Boosts Detoxification. …
- Aids the Metabolism
I buy organic bone broth from health food stores. You can also make your own.
According to Professor Johan Moan; “Vitamin D acts as an antibiotic and strengthens the immune system. UV radiation exposure stimulates the production of vitamin D in the skin. In the winter months, when the sun’s zenith is too low in the sky for vitamin D synthesis to take place, the body’s vitamin D level drops, as a result of which its protective effect is unable to fully develop.” Vitamin D is essential to keep flu and colds away.
Thanks for all these great recommendations and the list of preventative supplements to take to fight off colds and flus. Super helpful!
Your so welcome Jen!! 🙂