- 1 lb fresh Wild
- salmon filet*
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 medium yellow onion (1 cup), finely diced
- 2 stalks organic celery sticks
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs or for gluten free, simple mills gluten free crackers(rosemary)
- 2 large organic eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise, I used Sir Kensington
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup mixture of dill/ parsley, finely minced
Mash Salmon down…
Place all ingredients in mixer..
Form Patties and fry those babies up!
Make Salmon Cakes…DIRECTIONS
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Pour Olive oil over salmon and season with garlic salt and squeeze lemon on top. Bake for 30 or so minutes till not pink. Flake salmon with 2 forks discarding skin and any bones then set aside and cool to room temp.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 Tbsp butter. Add diced onion, bell pepper and celery and saute until golden brown and softened (7-9 minutes) then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combined flaked salmon, sautéed pepper/celery and onion, 1 cup crumbs, 2 beaten eggs, 3 Tbsp mayonnaise, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp garlic salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and ¼ cup chopped parsley. Stir to combine. Form into patties (about a heaping Tablespoonful each) and mold with your hands into 2″ wide by ⅓ to ½” thick patties.**
- In a clean non-stick pan or cast iron, heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter until hot then add patties in to brown on both sides till crispy on outside.
- 1/4 cup Sir Kensington Mayo
- 1/4 plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tbls lemon zest
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp onion powder to taste
Mix all ingredients by hand and enjoy! Dip those babies in!:)