INGREDIENTS (12 BARS)
2/3 cup blanched almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup finely ground sunflower seeds
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. organic Butter
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 organic eggs
1 1/2 fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup honey
4 tsp. coconut flour
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line an 8-inch x 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the crust by mixing together all ingredients, forming a ball. Transfer dough into pan and use your hands and/or a spatula to spread to the edges of the pan. The key is to make sure the crust is relatively the same thickness all around, so the spatula comes in handy especially for the edges.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- While the crust is baking, prepare filling. Whisk 4 eggs in a medium-size bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients. Whisk again until there are no more coconut flour chunks.
- Once crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and pour on filling. Place back in oven and bake for an additional 18-20 minutes.*
- Remove from oven and let sit on the stove top for 10 minutes before transferring into the fridge. Chill for 2 hours before slicing.